Commodore’s walking school bus, which supports students and families struggling with chronic lateness and absenteeism, was recently featured on Georgetown University’s FutureEd blog. Click below to read more:
In the newest episode of Commodore Corner, Mr. Martin begins by sharing a number of Good Things, including recent success of our lacrosse and NAL teams. Most importantly, Mr. Martin reiterates the district’s policy on social media and technology usage in school. He also discusses the district’s bullying policy and the impact that inappropriate use of social media can have on classroom culture and academic outcomes. Please watch this important episode, available by clicking below:
The Maryland State Department of Education recently highlighted the power of strategic partnerships in a video featuring Commodore and Harlem Lacrosse. Check it out by clicking below:
In the newest episode of Commodore Corner Update, Mr. Martin reviews some Good Things, including a visit from Mayor Catherine Pugh, a holiday party with the Baltimore Orioles, and our Winter Showcase of the Arts. Mr. Martin also shares some important reminders including procedures for car drop-off and the importance of attending school every day. Finally, Mr. Martin previews what's ahead (an early dismissal day on January 9th, Math Night on the 24th, and a Professional Development day on the 26th). Enjoy!
In celebration of the success of Vision for Baltimore, Mayor Catherine Pugh presented our own Glori with the 5000th pair of glasses on Monday, December 10th! Special thanks to Mayor Pugh, Johns Hopkins University President Ron Daniels, Baltimore City Public SchoolsCEO Sonja Santelises, Ann Hollister of Vision To Learn, Interim Commissioner Mary Beth Haller of the Baltimore City Health Department, and Jesse Sneath of Warby Parker for celebrating with us!
Click below to read (and watch) more about the event:
In case you missed it, check out Mr. Martin's interview with Dan Rodricks of The Baltimore Sun, published last Friday! In the interview, Mr. Martin (recent winner of the Fund for Educational Excellence's Heart of the Schools Award) talks about Commodore's turnaround, focusing on the different pieces of CJR (e.g., students, families, and staff) that helped it become the school it is today. Click HERE to listen and enjoy!
We are very excited to announce the Collegiate winners for the month of April:
- PreK: Aaliyah Waller and Mayry Kophengnavong
- K: Francis Mondragon-Costilla and Brizeyda Garcia-Medellin
- 1st: DeShawn Spence and Alberto Mauricio-Prado
- 2nd: Isabelle Krogh and Chloe Jackson
- 3rd: Yahaira Enriquez-Corona and Khloe McLaurin
- 4th: Jerrod Moss Jr. and Sylvia Mendoza-Ramirez
- 5th: Hairold Lugo and Vanessa Duran-Sanchez
- 6th: Ramin Salamyar and Rosa De Los Santos-Galici
- 7th: Miya Jones and Hector Vasquez
- 8th: Miguel Hernandez-Salanic and Shubhan Bhat
They were honored with a celebration breakfast and a special trip to UMBC on Friday, May 4th, where they participated in several fun activities with current college students. For more information and photos about the event, please click here.
We are very excited to announce the Collegiate winners for the months of February and March:
- PreK: Rosario Hernandez-Hernandez and Reagan Venuti
- K: Laura Lopez-Xochicale and Delani Jones
- 1st: Ivan Cano-Garcia and Brilliant Matthews
- 2nd: Elise Gilbert and Araceli Aguilar Galvez
- 3rd: Carlos Alcantara-Hernandez and Mckenna Polk
- 4th: Kh'Ali Oxendine-Fisher and Yadaira Argueta-Perez
- 5th: Stephanie Briscoe and Johanna Betancourt-Mendoza
- 6th: Jeremy Aggrey-Orleans and Eric Jiang
- 7th: Sharron Daniels and Jamal Nicholson
- 8th: Tamyah Byers and Arly Bencosme
- PreK: Takai Allen and Owen Kennel
- K: Ghavin Ross and Ziah Cragway
- 1st: Zahra Hill and Emiliano Costilla-Galarza
- 2nd: Vallery Duran-Sanchez and Bryant Sharp
- 3rd: Omar Torres-Martinez and Tyler Wormley-Robinson
- 4th: Nalani Greene-Stones and Micah Hampton
- 5th: Andy Diaz-Franco and Ibon Cerezo-Mendoza
- 6th: Emilio de la Maza-Unda and Da'Khai Handy
- 7th: Taylor Chambers and Cesar Galvez-De los Santos
- 8th: Dilontay Blackwell and Karla Mauricio-Prado
They were honored with a celebration breakfast and a special trip to UMBC on Friday, April 6th, where they participated in several fun activities with current college students. For more information and photos about the event, please click here (March) and here (April).